Tell us if you’ve heard this one. Your spouse claims that the cost of a professional house painting job is simply too high. “I can do it all myself,” he says.
Hundreds of dollars and twice as many curse words later, he admits that you should have gone ahead and hired that professional.
Why Spend Money on a Painting Professional?
We get it. It’s expensive to hire someone. But if having a nice-looking home is a priority, the extra cost may be worth the investment.
If any of these questions go through your mind, you may want to hire this big job out:
- Do you have enough time to devote to this project?
- Are you meticulous about prep work?
- Have you considered all of the steps you’ll have to take to ensure a clean job?
- Are you prepared to do this all again in a year or two if you realize it’s not increasing the value of your home?
- Are you willing to forego curb appeal for the hassles of DIY?
- Do you want to try a particular texture on an interior wall, but you’ve never done it before? Do you mind if it comes out less than perfect?
- Have you calculated the cost of paint, supplies, plastic sheeting, and the other things you’ll need to get the job done right?
- Have you considered the steps you’ll need to take to be successful?
For many do-it-yourself-ers, getting it right the first time takes more money, labor, and time than they anticipate. As one online commenter wrote, “paying for a crew of people helped me get done in a week what would have taken me a year. That’s the value of hiring out.”
Professionals Can Do all the Specialized Work that You Can’t
Keep in mind that painting is one of those jobs that can vary widely. If you’re painting interior walls, you’ll need to plan ahead. Doing the job right may mean patching bad areas, sanding the walls, painting a coat and sanding again, etc. Whether you’re a home or business owner, first impressions matter. Visitors will remember a sloppy paint job.
The “wow” factor matters even more when you plan an exterior paint job. Even if you feel confident on a ladder and know how to use a paint roller, you’re more likely to achieve that smooth, all-over covering you’re going for if you let a pro handle the tough spots. After all, there’s nothing worse than having the scruffiest looking house in the neighborhood. Hiring a reliable painting company results in better durability and more even coverage, which all saves you money in the long run.
The Professional Painter’s Process
We care for our clients’ homes as if they were our own. And it shows in the materials we use and the process we’ve perfected:
- For interior painting jobs, we move or cover pieces of heavy furniture, so you don’t have to.
- We carefully remove or secure curtains and blinds.
- We cover cabinets with plastic sheeting.
- Fill, sand, and smooth any imperfections on your walls.
- Paint walls, ceilings, baseboards, etc.
- Vacuum and return furniture to its original location. Reinstall blinds.
- Label and store any remaining paint, just in case.
- For exterior paint jobs, we power wash your home’s exterior.
- Scrape loose paint and prime damaged areas for painting.
- Inspect seams and protect any areas not being painted.
- Paint any surface, including trim, with two coats of premium exterior paint.
- Clean up completely after the job is done.
Are You Ready to Transform Your Home? SNL Painting Inc. can Help!
If you’ve got a Honey-Do list a mile long, give our professional painters a call. We can do the job right the first time, saving you time, money, and your sanity!