Drywall water damage repair may sometimes be a do-it-yourself endeavor, but it’s usually best to call the pros for the repair of water damaged drywall. Various issues can cause drywall damage, in addition to water. Read on to learn about drywall and common reasons drywall repairs are needed. Also, find out why it’s best to leave drywall water damage repair and more to experts like the trusted professionals serving the greater St. Louis MO area at SNL Painting Inc.
What is Drywall?
Drywall is the primary material used in the construction of interior walls and ceilings in homes. Drywall is usually made up of a layer of plaster sealed between two layers of paper, though it is sometimes made with other materials, such as wood pulp. Drywall is also known as plasterboard, sheetrock, wallboard, and a variety of other names.
Types of Drywall Damage
Beautiful interior walls don’t look so aesthetically pleasing when they are damaged. The following is a brief overview of common types of drywall damage, though drywall water damage repair is the primary reason experts are needed for extensive drywall work:
- Being made of plaster, drywall is susceptible to moisture. Water damaged drywall is most often caused by a roof leak, a plumbing leak, or a flood. Also, chimney leaks get homeowners wondering how to remove water stain on drywall.
- Mold can quickly develop when the drywall has been exposed to water. What accelerates the development of mold is that moisture can be drawn into the core of sheetrock panels.
- If you have termites, they may start eating the paper layers of your drywall.
- Holes, cracks, dents, and other damage can occur from everyday life.
- Drywall damage can be caused by the settling of the foundation or earthquake activity.
Why Call the Pros for Water Damaged Drywall
Unfortunately, home flooding isn’t an unusual occurrence in St. Louis. The following are the top four reasons homeowners trust the quality drywall work of SNL Painting experts.
- Experience and expertise. Experts on how to remove a water stain on drywall and do drywall water damage repair have plenty of experience and know-how to get the job done right. They can provide customized solutions because they precisely know the right course of action for each situation. It’s not unusual for people trying the DIY method to abandon their efforts, finding out that the best and least expensive route would have been to call experts in the first place.
- The right equipment. Doing an excellent job on drywall repairs requires certain equipment and supplies. Going with a DIY project means purchasing needed materials, which are unlikely to be of the same quality as what the professionals use.
- Expert water damaged drywall repair saves you time. Due to their experience and adeptness at using their tools and equipment, drywall experts can complete a drywall repair project much more quickly than a layperson. Few people have precious time to waste.
- Best results. Flaws on sheet rock spoil the look of a paint job. You can count on results you are happy with if you call the most trusted drywall experts in the St. Louis area at SNL Painting.
If you need drywall water damage repair and appreciate quality craftsmanship and unsurpassed customer service, give SNL Painting a call today at (636) 724-6829.