- Color Trends and Tips
Maybe you haven’t considered wallpaper since the early 80s. Maybe the idea of lining up wallpaper patterns just right makes you sweat with anxiety. Whatever the reason, it seems that many of us shy away from this particular wall covering.
Here’s the thing … with easy-to-install modern wallpaper in trendy patterns, you shouldn’t worry! Wallpaper has changed since the last time you tried to do it yourself with sticky glue, a bucket of water, and a lot of cursing. Today’s hottest patterns aren’t about paisley or farm animals. They’re actually well-designed and stylish!
Here are a few other reasons you might want to consider wallpaper, and what the hottest wallpaper trends are this year …
Why Choose Wallpaper Over Paint?
Paint can only do so much. While it can provide smooth, all-over color, it can’t hide all wall imperfections or reveal your personality in quite the same way wallpaper can. More than any other wall covering, wallpaper can add character and make a space feel elegant and put-together. If a room is dull with no interesting architectural features, wallpaper can make it shine. And if you want something unique for your home, a bold-patterned wallpaper is the best way to go.
Here are three more reasons to give wallpaper a fresh look:
1. Wallpaper is Economical
When you consider the long-term care of your wall covering, wallpaper starts to make a lot of sense. Not only is most wallpaper today easy to clean, it lasts up to 10 years.
2. Wallpaper Adds Interest to Your Home
Let’s face it. Most interiors today are boxy and bland. Without molding, arches, or trim to add architectural detail, it’s sometimes hard to spruce up a modern home. Enter wallpaper. With the right pattern, you can add a paneled affect, highlight a focal point, or create architectural interest where there was none.
3. Wallpaper Provides a Design Theme for Your Home
With an endless variety of colors and patterns, wallpaper can help you set a theme for your home and carry that theme through every room of your house.
8 Wallpaper Trends for 2018
If you are decorationally challenged and aren’t sure where to start with wallpaper, let us help! There are plenty of trendy options that can make your home the envy of the neighborhood. Here are 8 to explore …
- A traditional pattern, but in a fresh color. Think: paisley in turquoise or pink!
- Stripes: Timeless and versatile, stripes can make any room a little classier.
- Metallics … Give floral wallpaper a chic look by adding a little metallic sheen in rose gold or silver.
- Large-scale florals – Blow up a peony pattern on a dark background. You won’t believe how lush and stylish your space will feel.
- Art Deco: Trust us, it’s just as stylish now as it was a hundred years ago.
- Faux textured wallpapers to add interest to a boring room.
- Geometric patterns in a neutral color can add a little personality without overpowering a room.
- Botanical prints are super trendy, and easy to do if you want your home to pop with style.
Call Us if You’d Like to Give Wallpaper a Try
If you’d like to hand off a wallpapering job to a professional, contact us! We don’t just paint, we can refresh your home with wallpaper or faux finishes. We stand behind our work and we’re happy to give you a free estimate.